You begin by contacting two car rental companies, Avis and Enterprise. Avis offers a midsize car for $64.99 per day with unlimited mileage. This means that for this rental the number of miles driven does not impact on the cost. Enterprise offers a midsize car for $ 45.87 per day with 150 miles free. But each mile beyond 150 that the car is driven cost $0.25. It is clear that Enterprise offers the better deal if the car is driven fewer than 150 miles. But what if the car is driven more than 150 miles? At what point will the Avis rental become a better deal? Let’s analyze the situation. Let x denote the number of miles the car is driven.
1. Suppose A is the cost of renting at Avis. Find a linear equation involving A and x.
2. Now let E be the cost of renting at Enterprise. Find a linear equation involving E and x, if x ≤ 150. Find a linear equation involving E and x, if x > 150.
3. Graph the linear Equations found in part (1) and (2) on the same set of coordinate axes. Be careful about the restrictions on x for the equations found in part (2).
4. Find the mileage beyond which the Avis rental is more economical by finding the point of intersection of the two graphs. Label this point on this graph.
5. Explain how you can use the solution to part (4) to decide on which car rental is more economical.
6. In an effort to find an even better deal, you contact Auto Save Rental. They offer a midsize car for $36.99 per day with 100 miles free. Each mile driven over 100 miles costs $0.25. Find equation(s) that involve the cost S at Auto Save Rental and the miles x driven.
7. Graph this equation on the same graph found in part (3).
8. It should be clear that Auto Save Rental is the best choice among the three if you are driving less than 100 miles. For what values of x, if any, do Avis or Enterprise offer a better deal?
9. Still not sure you have the best deal, you call Usave Car Rental. They offer a midsize car for $35.99 per day with 200 free miles. Each mile over 200 costs $0.25. Find an equation for the cost U at Usave and graph it on the same graph found on the part (7).
10. For what values of x, if any, is Usave the best deal?
11. Discuss your choice of car rental companies if you think you will drive between 125 and 175 miles.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more