The primary learning objectives in module 2 are to (1) identify key elements of marketing strategy and planning, and (2) apply a model of corporate social responsibility (CSR) to analyze corporate behavior.
Purpose of the assignment:
This assignment has 2 purposes.
First, this assignment is designed to improve your ability to explain how market sensing and customer linking capabilities can influence organizational performance.
Second, it is designed to improve your ability to apply a model of corporate social responsibility to analyze corporate decisions. In this assignment, you will apply the Virtue Matrix (explained in a required reading for this module) to real-world examples of socially responsible behavior by organizations. Your analysis should make use of specific information from the Virtue Matrix framework and data from the examples you use.
Many studies in education indicate that reflection is an effective part of learning. The design of this writing assignment gives you a guided approach for reflecting on the required readings for Module 2.
Assignment Due Date: Sunday, Jan. 26, 11:00 PM Central Time.
1. Thinking of your current career or a career you want to have, give an example of how your organization (or another organization you would like to work for) utilizes (or could utilize) market sensing capabilities and customer linking capabilities. Be sure to reference and apply specific aspects of these two capabilities as they are discussed in the assigned article, “The Capabilities of Market-Driven Organizations.”
2. Apply the Virtue Matrix to answer each of the following sets of questions. Be sure to use examples that are not already presented in the required reading on the Virtue Matrix.
A. Examining Strategic Actions in the Frontier: Present one example of an organization taking actions that represent the strategic quadrant of the Frontier portion of the Virtue Matrix. Explain your answer from the perspective of the Virtue Matrix framework. Be sure to provide specific information about your example that supports your conclusion about its actions.
B. Examining Structural Actions in the Frontier: Present one example of an organization participating in actions that represent the structural quadrant of the Frontier portion of the Virtue Matrix. Explain your answer from the perspective of the Virtua Matrix framework. Be sure to provide specific information about your example that supports your conclusion about its actions.
· Please provide all of your answers in Word or a program that easily be opened using Word.
· Please include the respective number and question before each of your responses. For Question 2, please include the corresponding letter for each part of your answer (i.e., 2A, 2B).
· You may use bullet points, graphs, figures, tables, etc. to communicate your response.
· There is no page limit or specified minimum. Of course, submitted work should clearly validate that the appropriate assigned material was read and is being applied correctly in each answer.
· Please remember, this assignment is designed to help you learn by providing a guided reflection and application of the required material.
· If you quote or borrow from other people’s work you should cite the original source. You may use any citation format you prefer to cite sources in your work.
To help you answer the questions on this worksheet you may reflect on many sources of information (e.g., required readings, internet searches, talking to others, personal experience, etc.). To help you make the most of your time, the following outline details the course-related materials that would be sufficient to read or view prior to answering each respective question.
Q1. “Capabilities of Market-Driven Organizations”
Q2. “The Virtue Matrix: Calculating the Return on Corporate Responsibility”
NOTE: The Module 2 lecture video(s) may help your thinking about each of these questions, but watching the video(s) is not a replacement for reading the specified assigned articles.
This is an “open book” assignment. You may quote sources as part of your answers, but please cite the source when you quote it (plagiarism is not allowed). You may communicate with other members of class about the readings and questions, but you must provide your own responses.
Grades will be assigned using the criteria set out in the Writing Assignment 2 Rubric (next page
assigned reading articles
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more