1. The two geographical areas where civilizations first arose in the Near East were located
A. on the islands of the eastern Mediterranean and in Egypt.
B. in the Tigris-Euphrates river valley and in the Nile river valley.
C. in southern Greece and in Egypt.
D. in the Tigris-Euphrates river valley and in southern Africa.
2. The arc of land that swings through some of the most productive land in the Near East is called
A. the Womb of Civilization.
B. the Breadbasket of the World.
C. the Fertile Crescent.
D. the Bountiful Valley.
3. The economy of Mesopotamia was dominated by
D. fur trading.
4. What natural element shaped Mesopotamian agriculture most directly?
A. recurrent violent storms and hurricanes
B. the unpredictable flooding of the great rivers
C. the coming of a new ice age
D. global warming
5. The lawgiver for the Babylonians was
6. Which of the following is a technological advance of the Bronze Age?
A. discovery and use of kiln-fired bricks
B. making of oil lamps
C. invention of the sundial clock
D. invention of writing
7. The Babylonian law code can be described as a
A. humane code that took into consideration human mistakes.
B. relativistic code subject to many interpretations.
C. code created by a committee of lawyers.
D. code based on retaliation.
8. A famous literary episode in Sumer describes the generational conflict between a father and son over
A. taking out the garbage.
B. studying in school.
C. disobeying one’s mother.
D. drinking too much.
9. What is a prominent theme of The Epic of Gilgamesh?
A. the dignity of human life
B. the power of the gods over mortals
C. love conquers all
D. free will versus predestination
10. Gilgamesh can be described as
A. a man full of self-confidence all of his life.
B. a person who learns that humans are mortal.
C. an individual who outwits the gods.
D. All these answers are correct.
11. Within The Epic of Gilgamesh is another tale that
A. explains the origins of the deities.
B. tells about a great flood.
C. glorifies the power of human beings.
D. All these answers are correct.
12. Who was Enheduanna?
A. the goddess who killed Enkidu in The Epic of Gilgamesh
B. the first queen of Sumer
C. the earliest known female literary figure
D. the patron goddess of Hammurabi
13. The Exaltation of Inanna recounts the
A. elevation of Inanna to supremacy among the gods.
B. exploits of Inanna and Gilgamesh.
C. love affair between Inanna and Sargon.
D. crowning of Inanna as ruler of her people.
14. The central architectural feature of a Mesopotamian city usually was
A. a temple.
B. the city hall.
C. the palace of the king.
D. the marketplace.
15. The typical religious structure in Mesopotamia is called a
16. Which of the following statements about Mesopotamian medicine is true?
A. Doctors could be held legally responsible for unsuccessful treatments.
B. Diseases were often blamed on ghosts and spirits.
C. Treatments often involved sacrifices to gods.
D. All these statements are true.
17. The basic type of construction for buildings in Mesopotamia was
A. vaulted ceiling and columns.
B. arches and columns.
D. flying buttresses and arches.
18. In Mesopotamian religion,
A. priests had very little power.
B. the people believed that the deities never interfered with human effort.
C. there was only one god.
D. the flooding of the lands helped define the faith.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more