d) (10 points) Are your results consistent with the new economy? Why or why not? Explain in
Part 2: True / False Questions (2 points each – 40 points total) Answer T for True and F for False
1) Consumption is positively related to stock market wealth but negatively related to taxes and tax
2) If aggregate expenditures rise unexpectedly, then inventories will also rise unexpectedly.
3) Services are the most interest rate sensitive component of consumption.
4) Investment is the most cyclical component of aggregate expenditures.
5) The ‘job-loss’ recovery occurred following the 2001 recession.
6) Negative real interest rates imply that if you save today, you can purchase a smaller basket of
goods and services in the future, relative to the basket you could have consumed today.
7) The higher the marginal propensity to consume the more powerful tax policy is to influencing
8) According to the results of the estimated consumption function, consumption is more sensitive to
changes in stock market wealth relative to changes in real estate wealth.
9) The sensitivity parameter in the consumption function that measures how sensitive consumption
is to changes in consumer confidence is referred to as the marginal propensity to consume.
10) In a consumption function with income (Y) on the horizontal axis and consumption (C) on the
vertical axis, a fall in the real rate of interest (all else constant) will cause a shift upward of the
11) In a consumption function with income (Y) on the horizontal axis and consumption (C) on the
vertical axis, a rise in the price level (all else constant) will cause a shift upward of the
12) A fall in tao, the effective tax rate on capital will result in the investment demand function
shifting to the right.
13) The slope of the investment demand function indicates how sensitive investment is to changes in
real interest rates. The ‘flatter’ the investment demand function, the less sensitive investment is to
changes in the real rate of interest, all else constant.
14) A rise in imports, all else constant, will increase net exports.
15) If the US is growing faster than the rest of the world, then all else constant, the trade deficit will
widen (get more negative assuming we were running a trade deficit to begin with).
16) If the inflation rate rises in China so that it exceeds that of the US, then net exports for the US
should increase, all else constant.
17) If the exchange rate between the US dollar and Japanese yen changes from $1 = 100 yen to $1 =
80 yen, then US exports to Japan will become more expensive to Japanese importers.
18) We argued that cash flow (CF) increased during the Great Recession and thus, had a positive
effect on investment.
19) In a consumption function with income (Y) on the horizontal axis and consumption (C) on the
vertical axis, a rise in stock market wealth, all else constant, will result in a movement along the
20) The stronger the US dollar is relative to the rest of the world, all else constant, the larger the net
exports in the US.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more