PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
1. During which phase of a product’s life cycle does low unit cost become a top competitive priority?
2. Steel mills, paint factories and credit card authorization are examples of
b. Job shop
c. Flow process
d. Continuous flow
3. A process map (flow chart)
a. Is boundary-less
b. Does not include information flow
c. Is used as a baseline
d. Must include a line of customer visibility
4. A(n) ________________ is a group of ________________ needed to create and deliver an intermediate or final output.
a. Process; value chains
b. Activity; tasks
c. Task; activities
d. Activity; processes
5. Which is the correct order of hierarchy?
a. Activity, task, process, value chain
b. Value chain, process, task, activity
c. Process, value chain, activity, task
d. Value chain, process, activity, task
6. Explain why the product-process matrix does not transfer well to services.
7. Discuss both a process map (flow chart) and a process boundary. Why is each important?
8. All of the following are valid purposes for layout studies except
a. Minimize delays in materials handling and customer movement
b. Increase bottlenecks
c. Promote employee morale and customer satisfaction
d. maintain flexibility
9. A ____________ layout is an arrangement based on the sequence of operations that are performed during the manufacturing of a good or the delivery of a service.
d. Fixed position
10. ____________ is vertical expansion of job duties to give the worker more responsibility.
a. Job enlargement
b. Job rotation
c. Job enrichment
d. Job design
11. Considering ergonomics, which of the following does not fit?
a. Improving productivity
b. Group technology
c. Designing equipment and instrumentation
d. Considering physical capability of people
12. A ____________ performs entire jobs rather than specialized, assembly line work.
a. Virtual team
b. Self-managed team
c. Natural work team
d. Ergonomic team
13. ____________ set their own goals and inspects their own work, often hire their own replacements and prepare their own budgets.
a. Virtual teams
b. Enlarged teams
c. Sociotechnical teams
d. Self-managed teams
14. Discuss four reasons for conducting a facility-layout study.
15. Which of the following is a short-term capacity decision?
a. Expanding the size and number of beds in a hospital
b. Amount of warehouse space to rent for a new promotional item
c. Closing down a distribution center
d. Changing the cooking technology in a chain of fast-food restaurants
16. A measure of capacity that generally does not include adjustments for preventive maintenance or unplanned downtime is called
a. Sustainable capacity
b. Effective capacity
c. Theoretical capacity
d. Safety capacity
17. According to the Theory of Constraints, ____________ is the amount of money generated per time period through actual sales.
b. Non-Bottleneck (NBN) work activity
c. Non-physical constraint
18. Inventory that has been ordered but not yet received and is in transit is called
a. Raw materials
19. Using ABC analysis, continuous monitoring and accurate record keeping relates best to ____________ items.
d. B and C
20. Which of the following is not a key assumption underlining the classic economic order quantity model?
a. The entire order quantity arrives in the inventory at one time
b. There are only two types of relevant costs: order/setup and inventory-holding
c. Storage/warehouse capacity is a bottleneck/constraint
d. Allows no stockouts
21. Define and explain the four (4) different types of inventory costs.
22. W. Edwards Deming’s success in Japan was his ability to teach quality specialists rather than upper management? (True or False)
23. The Deming philosophy focuses on bringing about improvements in product and service quality by reducing uncertainty and variability in goods and services design and associated processes.
(True or False)
24. The quality system should clearly state the action that should be taken and what should be done with non-conforming items. (True or False)
25. All of the following are components of the GAP model except
a. The discrepancy between delighting or pleasing customers and total customer service and satisfaction
b. The discrepancy between management’s perceptions of what features constitute a target level of quality and the task of translating these perceptions into executable specifications
c. The discrepancy between quality specifications documented in operating and training manuals and plans and their implementation
d. The difference between the customer’s expectations and perceptions
26. Which of the following is not considered part of Total Quality?
a. A focus on the customers and stakeholders
b. A process focus
c. Participation and team work
d. Six Sigma
27. All of the following relate to Six Sigma except
a. Clear financial returns
b. Measures defects per unit
c. Output critical to customers
d. A stretch goal
28. Machine down time and down grading costs are examples of which type of quality cost?
29. Resources are limited, project managers try to level resource loads by shifting activities between early start dates and late start dates shifted schedules. (True or False)
30. Which of the following is incorrect regarding time/cost trade-offs?
a. The relationship between time and cost is assumed to be linear
b. Some activities cannot be crashed
c. To minimize cost, managers need not focus on the critical path(s)
d. Managers search for the minimum-cost crash schedule
31. Which statement is true regarding activities not on the critical path?
a. Usually cannot be delayed
b. Have less slack than activities on the critical path
c. Can delay a project if they are highly variable
d. Are used to crash project completion times
32. Slack does all the following except
33. Discuss the three key factors of the project-planning process.
34. Describe the four major steps in the project-planning process.
35. Explain the purpose of Gantt charts.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more