1. Which of the following steps is most likely to be taken by an organization when faced with a labor deficit?
A. They can make use of attrition to reduce the surplus.
B. They can begin downsizing.
C. They can outsource work to contractors.
D. They can offer outplacement to employees.
2. Which of the following is an activity that’s conducted during the human resources environmental scanning process?
A. Employee recruitment
B. Demand forecast
C. Performance appraisal
3. Which of the following acts prohibits discrimination in employment based on race, sex, skin color, national origin, or religion?
A. Civil Rights Act of 1964
B. Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993
C. Immigration Act of 1924
D. Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938
4. Which of the following is one of the strategies that managers can use to cope with high uncertainty and heavy information demands in today’s environments?
A. Cut spending on information systems
B. Limit horizontal relationships
C. Avoid depending on the experience of the organization’s human needs
D. Reduce the need for information
5. In a collective bargaining agreement, a/an _______ gives workers a voice in what goes on during contract negotiations and administration.
A. wage component
B. grievance procedure
C. individual right
D. security clause
6. A/an _______ incentive plan compares a worker’s performance against an objective standard with pay determined by his or her own performance.
7. _______ is the expectation that employees will perform a job, take corrective action when necessary, and report upward on the status and quality of their performance.
A. Job specialization
B. Unity of command
D. Mutual adjustment
8. _______ is a tendency to judge foreign people or groups by the standards of one’s own culture or group and to see one’s own standards as superior.
9. Ryan, as part of his recent promotion, attended a training program that focused on issues like active listening, mentoring, and giving feedback. The training program required Ryan to participate in exercises that focused on these areas along with other managers and employees. Ryan found the seminar to be very helpful in pointing out the different approaches preferred by people from different backgrounds. This type of instruction is common in diversity training and is referred to as
A. gap analysis.
B. awareness building.
C. reverse mentoring.
D. skill building.
10. _______ is the disorientation and stress associated with being in a foreign environment.
A. Ethical lapse
C. Culture shock
11. Which of the following is the first step to be taken in the process of cultivating a diverse workforce?
A. Supply diversity data to government agencies
B. Conduct an organizational assessment
C. Accommodate employees’ work and family needs
D. Gain the support of top management regarding diversity
12. Which of the following is an advantage of a structured interview?
A. It provides a sense of the applicant’s personality.
B. It helps establish rapport.
C. It helps prospective employers make a first cut among candidates.
D. It’s more likely to be free of bias and stereotypes.
13. Which of the following is an advantage of functional departmentalization?
A. Employees can focus exclusively on customer satisfaction.
B. Managers care more about the company as a whole than their departments only.
C. Economies of scale can be realized.
D. It encourages managers to become generalists.
14. _______ diversity promotes creativity and innovation because people from different backgrounds hold different perspectives.
A. Interview team
B. Work team
C. Management team
D. Customer base
15. Which of the following is a function of a job analysis?
A. Determine if recruiting should be done internally or externally
B. Describe the skills and knowledge needed
C. Determine the applicant’s educational level
D. Provide a demographic profile of the “correct” candidate
16. Subdividing an organization into smaller units in a horizontal structure is
17. The three basic employee benefits required by law are
A. worker’s compensation, Social Security, and unemployment insurance.
B. flexible benefits programs, Social Security, and unemployment insurance.
C. pension plans, healthcare, and flexible benefit programs.
D. worker’s compensation, healthcare, and pension plans.
18. The unity-of-command principle states that a person should have
A. multiple managers.
B. no boss.
C. only one boss.
D. only two bosses.
19. Reese was offered a promotion in exchange for a date with her supervisor. She was upset, as she had no interest in dating him, yet she agreed because she really wanted the promotion. This is an example of
A. performance reciprocity.
B. social loafing.
C. quid pro quo harassment.
20. The final stage in the human resources planning process involves
A. evaluating the decisions made for legal compliance.
B. discharging employees ineffective at realizing organizational goals.
C. evaluating the activities conducted to ensure that they’re producing the desired results.
D. restarting the entire process.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more