Billy’ hamburgers issued 5%, 10-year bonds payable at 90 on December 31,2010. At December 31,2012 Billy reported the bonds payable as follows:
Long term debt:
Bonds payable… $400,000
Less:Discount…. $32,000 $ 368,000
Billy uses the straigt line amortization method and pays semiannual interest each June 30 and December 31.
1. Answer the following questions about Billy’s bond payable:
a. What is the maturity value of the bonds?
b. What is the carrying amount of the bonds at December 31, 2012?
c. What is the annual cash interest payment on the bonds?
d. How much interest expense should the company record each year?
2. Record the June 30, 2013, semiannual interest payment and amortization of discount.
3. What will be the carrying amount of the bonds at December 31, 2013.
TVX issued $800,000 of 5%, 10-year bonds payable at a price of 9.595 on March 31, 2012. The market interest rate at the date of issuance was 6%, and the date bonds pay interest seminannually.
1. How much cash did the company receive upon issuance of the bonds payable.
2. Prepare an effective-interest amortization table for the bond discount through the first two interest payments. Use exhibit 11A-1 as a guide, and round amounts to the nearest dollar.
3. Journalize the issuance of the bonds on March 30, 2012, and on September 30, 2012, payment of the first semiannual interest amount and amortization of the bond discount. Explanations are not required.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more