For the questions below, you are refer to both the lectures and articles attached in the current modules. As with all assignments, you are to complete using Times New Roman, size 12pt font. While each response should be numbered (e.g 1, 2, etc.), all responses should be in essay format (full sentences), meaning that you should never have a simple yes or no response.
1. Why is it that statistically, there are more male criminals than female criminals? Explain in your own words.
2. Does the criminal justice system treat women unfairly? By this I mean, according to the lectures and readings thus far, is there any evidence that women are treated the same as men within the criminal justice system? Explain in detail why or why not, making certain to cite relevant research.
3. In the paper by Walklate (2016), what is the significance of “psychiatric victimology” and what role does it play in explaining crimes against women?
4. More specifically, what other term/concept is crucial to the understanding of psychiatric victimology and victimology as a whole?
5. In order to fully understand the “narrative” of the victim, especially since collection of victimization data continues to become more sophisticated, there are three terms that are essential to one’s analysis of the victim narrative. List and briefly describe these three (3) terms.
6. How and where do these victim narratives fit into the theoretical discussion presented in the lectures? More specifically, what would Smart say about these terms in reference to female punishment? What about some of the major theorists from the “sex role” side of the argument? Discuss.
7. Lastly, whose side would Adler (see Adler reading) be on in the discussion of women as victims or criminals. Discuss.
The following content is partner provided
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more