Dr. Terri Mitchell
1. Give a brief definition of the following: a rhythm b. beat c. melody d. harmony
2. Explain how Ragtime music combines the elements of both Europe and Africa.
3. What are the instruments found in a standard rhythm section?
4. How did the minstrel show change after the Civil War?
5. What was the name of the area in New York where the music publishing industry evolved in the late 1800s?
6. Who was one of the most important songwriter before the Civil War? What styles did he compose in?
7. How did the influence of minstrel shows carry over into American popular entertainment AFTER the shows were no longer popular?
8. What were both positive and negative contributions of the minstrel show in American life and popular song? (at last 2 each!)
9. How did James Reese Europe influence popular music? What dance did he help popularize?
10. What are the three main sources of popular music? What did each contribute to the popular sound?
11. What is meant by the blues form? Discuss the harmonic form and how the text (words) are organized.
12. Who was Bessie Smith? What style of music is associated with her and what are 3 contributions she made to popular music?
13. How did ragtime change the way African American composers viewed their own music?
14. What kinds of stage entertainment became popular after the Civil War?
15. Who was the most important composer of concert band music in the late 1800’s?
What three traits does his music share with Stephen Foster and George M. Cohan?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more