Week 4 Lab
· Binomial Probability Distribution
Ø Open a new Excelworksheet.
1. Open spreadsheet
2. In cell A1 type “success” as the label
3. Under that in column A, type 0 through 10 (these will be in rows 2 through 12)
4. In cell B1, type “one fourth”
5. In cell B2, type “=BINOM.DIST(A2,10,0.25,FALSE)” [NOTE: if you have Excel 2007, then the formula is BINOMDIST without the period]
6. Then copy and paste this formula in cells B3 through B12
7. In cell C1, type “one half”
8. In cell C2, type “=BINOM.DIST(A2,10,0.5,FALSE)”
9. Copy and paste this formula in cells C3 through C12
10. In cell D1 type “three fourths”
11. In cell D2, type “=BINOM.DIST(A2,10,0.75,FALSE)”
12. Copy and paste this formula in cells D3 through D12
1. Create plots for the three binomial distributions above. You can create the scatter plots in Excel by selecting the data you want plotted, clicking on INSERT, CHARTS, SCATTER, then selecting the first chart shown which is dots with no connecting lines.Do this two more times and for graph 2 set Y equal to ‘one half’ and X to ‘success’, and for graph 3 set Y equal to ‘three fourths’ and X to ‘success’. Paste those three scatter plots in the grey area below. (12 points)
Ø You will use the same class survey results that were entered into the Excel worksheet for the Week 2 iLab Assignment for question 2.
2. Calculate descriptive statistics for the variable(Coin) where each of the students flipped a coin 10 times. Round your answers to three decimal places and typethe mean and the standard deviation in the grey area below. (4 points)
3. List the probability value for each possibility in the binomial experiment , which was calculated with the probability of a success being ½. (Complete sentence not necessary; round your answers to three decimal places) (10 points)
4. Give the probability for the following based on the calculations , with the probability of a success being ½. (Complete sentence not necessary; round your answers to three decimal places) (12 points)
P(x<4 or x≥7)
5. Calculate (by hand) the mean and standard deviation for the binomial distribution with the probability of a success being ½ and n = 10. Either show work or explain how your answer was calculated. Use these formulas to do the hand calculations: Mean = np, Standard Deviation = (4 points)
6. Using all four of the properties of a Binomial experiment (see page 201 in the textbook) explain in a short paragraph of several complete sentences why the Coin variable from the class survey represents a binomial distribution from a binomial experiment. (4 points)
7. Compare the mean and standard deviation for the Coin variable (question 2) with those of the mean and standard deviation for the binomial distribution that was calculated by hand in question 5. Explain how they are related in a short paragraph of several complete sentences. (4 points)
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more