Mountain State Sporting Goods
(Fraud Investigation Phases I-III.)
The Mountain State Sporting Goods is an example of a corporate fraud investigation. The chapter consists of a discussion of the phases of a fraud investigation. Your assignment is to write a memo describing your findings after performing the Phases in conducting such a fraud investigation.
Phases I-III are as follows:
Phase I: a) identify red flags for fraud and b) develop a fraud hypothesis
Phase II: test hypothesis via a) financial statement analysis and b) journal entry testing
Phase III: refine and confirm hypothesis via interviews
A copy of your written responses should be handed in at the beginning of class. Your responses do not need to be entered into Blackboard.
Some helpful hints (hopefully)
1) As you will see this assignment builds off the analysis we did previously , however it is more complex so you will need to keep calm as you try to work through the Phases.
2) Phase I is straightforward and think of the kinds of red flags we have talked about in previous classes including internal controls or lack thereof.
3) Phase II will require financial statement analysis similar to what we have done. There is no cash flow statement so you will need to compile one.
4) For the journal entry testing you may have some difficulty if you have not had much training with journal entries. If so try your best and if you are stumped we will go over this in detail in class.
5) For the interviews you will look at as part of Phase III you should list the information from the interviews that helps support your previous findings. For instance there is a lot of information in the interviews about the pawn shop and accounting for pawn shop activities. If you had not previously considered the pawn shop activities as a problem area ( red flag), you may want to go back and look closer at the pawn shop activity.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more