MA 260 Statistical Analysis I
Directions: Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling, and grammar. Refer to the “Assignment Format” page located on the Course Home page for specific format requirements.
NOTE: Show your work in the problems.
1. A recent article in the Myrtle Beach Sun Times reported that the mean labor cost to repair a color television is $90 with a standard deviation of $22. Monte’s TV Sales and Service completed repairs on two sets this morning. The labor cost for the first was $75 and it was $100 for the second. Compute z values for each and comment on your findings.
2. The mean of a normal distribution is 400 pounds. The standard deviation is 10 pounds.
a. What is the area between 415 pounds and the mean?
b. What is the area between the mean and 395 pounds?
c. What is the probability of selecting a value at random and discovering that it has a value of less than 395 pounds?
3. The monthly sales of mufflers in the Richmond, VA area follow the normal distribution with a mean of 1200 and a standard deviation of 225. The manufacturer would like to establish inventory levels such that there is only a 5% chance of running out of stock. Where should the manufacturer set the inventory levels?
4. Research on new juvenile delinquents revealed that 38% of them committed another crime.
a. What is the probability that of the last 100 new juvenile delinquents put on probation, 30 or more will commit another crime?
b. What is the probability that 40 or fewer of the delinquents will commit another crime?
c. What is the probability that between 30 and 40 of the delinquents will commit another crime?
5. An Air Force study indicates that the probability of a disaster such as the January 28, 1986 explosion of the space shuttle Challenger was 1 in 35. The Challenger flight was the 25th mission.
a. How many disasters would you expect in the first 25 flights?
b. Use the normal approximation to estimate the probability of at least one disaster in 25 missions.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more