ITS836 Assignment 1: Data Analysis in R
1) Read the income dataset, “zipIncomeAssignment.csv”, into R. (You can find the csv file in iLearn under the Content -> Week 2 folder.)
2) Change the column names of your data frame so that zcta becomes zipCode and meanhouseholdincome becomes income.
3) Analyze the summary of your data. What are the mean and median average incomes?
4) Plot a scatter plot of the data. Although this graph is not too informative, do you see any outlier values? If so, what are they?
5) In order to omit outliers, create a subset of the data so that:
$7,000 < income < $200,000 (or in R syntax , income > 7000 & income < 200000)
6) What’s your new mean?
7) Create a simple box plot of your data. Be sure to add a title and label the axes.
HINT: Take a look at: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/r/r_boxplots.htm (specifically, Creating the Boxplot.) Instead of “mpg ~ cyl”, you want to use “income ~ zipCode”.
In the box plot you created, notice that all of the income data is pushed towards the bottom of the graph because most average incomes tend to be low. Create a new box plot where the y-axis uses a log scale. Be sure to add a title and label the axes. For the next 2 questions, use the ggplot library in R, which enables you to create graphs with several different types of plots layered over each other.
8) Make a ggplot that consists of just a scatter plot using the function geom_point() with position = “jitter” so that the data points are grouped by zip code. Be sure to use ggplot’s function for taking the log10 of the y-axis data. (Hint: for geom_point, have alpha=0.2).
9) Create a new ggplot by adding a box plot layer to your previous graph. To do this, add the ggplot function geom_boxplot(). Also, add color to the scatter plot so that data points between different zip codes are different colors. Be sure to label the axes and add a title to the graph. (Hint: for geom_boxplot, have alpha=0.1 and outlier.size=0).
10) What can you conclude from this data analysis/visualization?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more