Group Behavior in Organizations (Must Answer All Three Questions)
QUESTION 1 – Organization Design
More than ever, groups and teams are responsible for executing tasks in the workplace. Take a position on the following statement: All organizations should use the group structure as the basic building block for designing and organizing jobs. Answer must be 250 words and include at least one reference that is cited in the body of the paper.
Possible Group Strengths
· Through group cohesiveness, a group’s members can gain a sense of belonging, respect and trust.
· A group is not dependent on the skills of one person. In a group, it is possible for an individual to take on different roles. Each role will reflect how individual skills and responsibilities change with time.
· Because skills, experience and knowledge are pooled, there are greater resources to be drawn upon.
· Groups can support individuals, share problems and provide mutual help and encouragement. Groups give the opportunity for individuals to talk to others with similar problems and share their experiences.
· A group can be a safe environment to bring about individual understanding and development. Because individual behavior, feelings and attitudes are greatly influenced by other people, group members can provide role models and reinforcement through mutual support and positive feedback.
· People may feel less isolated and intimidated than in a one-to-one situation. Shared workload and support networks.
Possible Group Weaknesses
· It may be difficult to maintain confidentiality within a group.
· Some individuals do not like being in a group situation and they may not wish to express problems or share ideas with others in a group setting. Such people may become disruptive or withdraw.
· Individuals may resent the pressure to conform to the group’s norms.
· Group labels can lead to stigmatization and to overcome this, some groups are renamed e.g. renaming the ‘Alcoholics Support Group’, to ‘The Cafe Society’, may change outsiders’ perceptions of the group. Whilst the new name may be less socially stigmatized, such anonymity can lead to outsiders not knowing the group’s role.
· Organizing a group needs resources, accommodation, time and on-going commitment.”
Retrieved from: http://www.skillsyouneed.com
QUESTION 2 – Group Development Process
Consider the Tuckman group stage process schema as discussed in Chapter 2 (see attached) of your text. Identify specific actions a manager can take at each stage of the process to best help a group reach the performing stage. Must be 250 words. Support your statement with the textbook (use and cite).
Tuckman’s Stages of Group Development https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QvGUjJrRLQ
QUESTION 3 – The Research Project
Identify a generic organization (e.g., manufacturing plant, hospital, educational institution). Assume that you are part of a research team examining work groups in the organization to determine factors that enhance or inhibit group productivity. Identify what factors you would examine in your research and provide a rationale for your choice. Must be 250 words. Support your statement with the textbook (use & cite).
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more