Week 2 Discussions and Required Resources
Part 1 and Part 2 must be at least 150 – 200 words unless otherwise
Part 1: Graphical Analysis Techniques
There are strengths and weaknesses to graphical analysis research techniques. For this discussion, begin by reviewing the technique of graphical analysis in your textbook. Then, keeping this technique in mind, read the following quotes:
· “Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all.”—Charles Babbage
· “Statistics is the science of variation.”—Douglas M. Bates (1985)
· “All models are wrong, but some models are useful.”—George E. P. Box (1979)
· The greatest moments are those when you see the result pop up in a graph or in your statistics analysis – that moment you realize you know something no one else does and you get the pleasure of thinking about how to tell them.—Emily Oster
Also consider the following ways to make a graph misleading from Misleading Graphs – http://passyworldofmathematics.com/misleading-graphs/ (Passy, 2012):
· “Vertical scale is too big or too small.
· Vertical axis skips numbers, or does not start at zero.
· Graph is not labeled properly.
· Graph does not have a title to explain what it is about.
· Data is left out.
· Scale not starting at zero.
· Scale made in very small units to make graph look very big.
· Scale values or labels missing from the graph.
· Incorrect scale placed on the graph.
· Pieces of a pie chart are not the correct sizes.
· Oversized volumes of objects that are too big for the vertical scale differences they represent.
· Size of images used in pictographs being different for the different categories being graphed.
· Graph being a non-standard size or shape.”
Based on the above quotes, along with this week’s assigned readings and Instructor Guidance, compare graphical analysis with quantitative analysis (a technique you explored last week), and discuss why graphical analysis is important in research. Finally, describe guidelines for using graphical tools to present information clearly and effectively.
Part 2: Examples of Graphical Analysis Techniques in Research
Locate an example of a research study that uses graphs and/or tables in its analysis. Explain what this statistical technique allows the researchers to accomplish and/or conclude in the study. Note: Graphic presentations are most often found in the Results section of a study.
The textbook is attached.
· Chapter 2: Describing Data: Frequency Tables, Frequency Distributions, and Graphic Presentation
· Chapter 4: Describing Data: Displaying and Exploring Data
Passy. (2012, March 13). Misleading graphs . Retrieved from http://passyworldofmathematics.com/misleading-graphs/
· This article provides information about graph techniques often used by both advertisers and the media to mislead viewers. It will assist you in your Graphical Analysis Techniques discussion this week.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more