ACC 121 Glorious Garden Lawn Service
1. Prepare the entries using the list of transactions. Put them in the general journal.
2. Post the journal entries from the general journal to the general ledger.
3. Prepare a trial balance using the general ledger totals.
4. Complete the work sheet using the information for adjustments.
5. Prepare financial statements from the worksheet.
6. Make the adjusting journal entries in the general journal.
7. Post the adjustments to the general ledger.
8. Make the appropriate closing entries in the general journal.
9. Post the closing entries to the general ledger.
10. Prepare a post-closing trial balance.
CHART OF ACCOUNTS
110 Accounts Receivable-Mr. Foster
111 Accounts Receivable-Ms. Sanchez
112 Accounts Receivable- Mr Grayson
120 Advertising Materials
130 Office Supplies
140 Landscaping Supplies
150 2004 Nissan Pickup Truck
51 Accumulated Depreciation-Lawn Equipment
200 Note Payable-Aunt Emma
210 Accounts Payable-Lovell Home & Garden Center
220 Accounts Payable-VISA
230 Interest Payable
240 Unearned Revenue
300 Jay Stevens, Capital
310 Jay Stevens, Drawing
320 Income Summary
400 Lawn Care/Landscaping Revenue
410 Interest Revenue
500 Landscaping Supplies Expense
510 Gas and Oil Expense
520 Telephone Expense
530 Advertising Expense
540 Office Supplies Expense
545 Interest Expense
550 Pickup Truck Maintenance
560 Equipment Rental Expense
570 Insurance Expense
580 Depreciation Expense-Pickup Truck
590 Depreciation Expense-Lawn Equipment
NARRATIVE OF TRANSACTIONS
1) 7/1 Jay opened two accounts at Union State Bank, using $3000 of his own money. He deposited 2,500 in a checking account and $500 into savings.
2) 7/2 Jay borrowed $6,000 from his Aunt Emma and signed a note with 8% interest. Under the terms of the note, he must make payments of $250 plus accrued interest on the first day of each month. Jay put $4,500 into his checking account and $1,500 into savings.
3) 7/3 Jay purchased a 2004 Nissan pickup truck by writing a check for $4,820.
4) 7/3 Jay purchased insurance for the pickup truck at a cost of $150 per month. He paid for the month of July.
5) 7/3 Jay established a cell phone account for the business. The phone was free, and he paid $75 for the first month’s service.
6) 7/5 Jay returned to the bank an applied for a VISA care. He received a card with a $1,000 credit limit.
7) 7/5 Jay purchased a lawn mower and garden tools on account from Lovell Home & Garden Center. The total cost was $1,080. (Debit Lawn Equipment)
8) 7/6 Jay purchased $185 worth of gloves, stakes, trimmer lines, and other supplies at the local hardware store using his VISA card.
9) 7/6 Jay paid $80 cash from gas and oil for his pickup truck and the mower.
10) 7/7 A box of 500 additional checks arrived from the bank along with a memo that the $25 cost was charged to Jay’s checking account. He considered this an immaterial amount and charged it all to Office Supplies Expense.
11) 7/7 Jay had 1,500 advertising flyers printed to promote his new business. The flyers cost $225 and are considered advertising materials. He also purchased $90 of office supplies. Jay used his VISA for all of these purchases.
12) 7/8 One of Jay’s neighbors, Mr. Adams, is leaving town for six weeks. He paid Jay $360 to mow his lawn each week and keep his hedges trimmed while he is away.
13) 7/9 Jay paid $75 cash to rent some equipment needed for the Foster job (see transaction 15).
14) 7/10 Jay purchased another $60 of gas using his VISA card.
15)7/11 Jay completed a landscaping and clean-up job for Mr. Foster. He left Mr. Foster a bill for $720.
16) 7/13 Jay charged another $140 in landscaping supplies at Lovell Home & Garden Center.
17) 7/14 Jay completed a $550 job for Mrs. Sanchez. She had hired him to mow her lawn and create a perennial flower bed in the front of her house. Mrs. Sanchez paid him $250 and agreed to pay the rest later.
18) 7/15 Jay’s girlfriend insisted that he take a break. He withdrew $120 from his checking account to go out for a nice evening with his girlfriend, Vanessa.
19) 7/16 Jay charged $110 on his VISA card for an oil change and some other minor maintenance on his truck.
20) 7/17 Jay paid Lovell Home & Garden Center $175 on his account. I have about 15 more entries, but there’s not enough characters in this question box. Please let me know if you can be of assistance. I will type in the rest of the entries and upload the Excel Template.
Use this workbook to complete the Glorious Garden Lawn Service practice set for ACC121. There are 6 tabs that include the general journals, general ledger, worksheet, financial statements and post closing trial balance.
Read the introduction on page one of the practice set and follow the instructions on page two. The practice set is to be completed individually throughout the course with portions due during weeks three, four and five
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more