Week 1 Quiz
1. Which of the following business organizational forms subjects the owner(s) to unlimited liability?
2. Which of the following business organizational forms is easiest to raise capital?
3. Which organizational form best enables the owners of the firm to monitor the actions of other owners of the same firm?
4. Which of the following factors or activities can be controlled by the management of the firm?
5. The legal system and market forces impose substantial costs on individuals and institutions that engage in unethical behavior. Which of the following would not be an example of the above?
6. The most common reason that corporate firms use the futures and options markets is
7. Galan Associates prepared its financial statement for 2008 based on the information given here. The company had cash worth $1,234, inventory worth $13,480, and accounts receivables of $7,789. The company’s net fixed assets are $42,331, and other assets are $1,822. It had accounts payables of $9,558, notes payables of $2,756, common stock of $22,000, and retained earnings of $14,008. How much long-term debt does the firm have?
8. Tre-Bien Bakeries generated net income of $233,412 this year. At year end, the company had
accounts receivables of $47,199, inventory of $63,781, and cash of $21,461. It also had accounts payables of $51,369, short-term notes payables of $11,417, and accrued taxes of $6,145. The net working capital of the firm is
9. Which of the following best represents cash flows to investors?
Week 2 Quiz
1. Which one of the following statements about trend analysis is NOT correct?
2. Coverage ratios: Sectors, Inc., has an EBIT of $7,221,643 and interest expense of $611,800. Its depreciation for the year is $1,434,500. What is its cash coverage ratio?
3. Multiples analysis: Turner Corp. has debt of $230 million and generated a net income of $121 million in the last fiscal year. In attempting to determine the total value of the firm, an investor identified a similar firm in Jacobs, Inc., an all-equity firm. This firm had 150 million shares outstanding, a share price of $14.25, and net income of $182 million. What is the total value of Turner Corp.? Round to the nearest million dollars
4. Coverage ratios, like times interest earned and cash coverage ratio, allow
5. Peer group analysis can be performed by
6. Efficiency ratio: If Viera, Inc., has an accounts receivable turnover of 3.9 times and net sales of $3,436,812, what is its level of receivables?
Week 3 Quiz
1. You are provided the following working capital information for the Ridge Company:
Operating cycle: What is the operating cycle for Ridge Company?
2. The operating cycle
3. Ticktock Clocks sells 10,000 alarm clocks each year. If the total cost of placing an order is $65 and it costs $85 per year to carry the alarm clock in inventory, use the EOQ formula to calculate the optimal order size.
4. The asset substitution problem occurs when
5. Dynamo Corp. produces annual cash flows of $150 and is expected to exist forever. The company is currently financed with 75 percent equity and 25 percent debt. Your analysis tells you that the appropriate discount rates are 10 percent for the cash flows, and 7 percent for the debt. You currently own 10 percent of the stock.
How much are your cash flows today?
6. Melba’s Toast has a capital structure with 30% debt and 70% equity. Its pretax cost of debt is 6%, and its cost of equity is 10%. The firm’s marginal corporate income tax rate is 35%. What is the appropriate WACC?
7. According to the text, the financial plan covers a period of
8. The financing plan of a firm will indicate
9. Tradewinds Corp. has revenues of $9,651,220, costs of $6,080,412, interest payment of $511,233, and a tax rate of 34 percent. It paid dividends of $1,384,125 to shareholders. Find the firm’s dividend payout ratio and retention ratio.
Week 4 Quiz
1. Present value: Tommie Harris is considering an investment that pays 6.5 percent annually. How much must he invest today such that he will have $25,000 in seven years? (Round to the nearest dollar.)
2. PV of multiple cash flows: Jack Stuart has loaned money to his brother at an interest rate of 5.75 percent. He expects to receive $625, $650, $700, and $800 at the end of the next four years as complete repayment of the loan with interest. How much did he loan out to his brother? (Round to the nearest dollar.)
3. PV of multiple cash flows: Hassan Ali has made an investment that will pay him $11,455, $16,376, and $19,812 at the end of the next three years. His investment was to fetch him a return of 14 percent. What is the present value of these cash flows? (Round to the nearest dollar.)
4. PV of multiple cash flows: Pam Gregg is expecting cash flows of $50,000, $75,000, $125,000, and $250,000 from an inheritance over the next four years. If she can earn 11 percent on any investment that she makes, what is the present value of her inheritance? (Round to the nearest dollar.)
5. Present value of an annuity: Transit Insurance Company has made an investment in another company that will guarantee it a cash flow of $37,250 each year for the next five years. If the company uses a discount rate of 15 percent on its investments, what is the present value of this investment? (Round to the nearest dollar.)
6. Future value of an annuity: Carlos Menendez is planning to invest $3,500 every year for the next six years in an investment paying 12 percent annually. What will be the amount he will have at the end of the six years? (Round to the nearest dollar.)
7. Bond price: Briar Corp is issuing a 10-year bond with a coupon rate of 7 percent. The interest rate for similar bonds is currently 9 percent. Assuming annual payments, what is the present value of the bond? (Round to the nearest dollar.)
8. PV of dividends: Cortez, Inc., is expecting to pay out a dividend of $2.50 next year. After that it expects its dividend to grow at 7 percent for the next four years. What is the present value of dividends over the next five-year period if the required rate of return is 10 percent?
9. PV of dividends: Givens, Inc., is a fast growing technology company that paid a $1.25 dividend last week. The company’s expected growth rates over the next four years are as follows: 25 percent, 30 percent, 35 percent, and 30 percent. The company then expects to settle down to a constant-growth rate of 8 percent annually. If the required rate of return is 12 percent, what is the present value of the dividends over the fast growth phase?
Week 5 Quiz
1. Genaro needs to capture a return of 40 percent for his one-year investment in a property. He believes that he can sell the property at the end of the year for $150,000 and that the property will provide him with rental income of $25,000. What is the maximum amount that Genaro should be willing to pay for the property?
2. The process of identifying the bundle of projects that creates the greatest total value and allocating the available capital to the projects is known as
3. You are considering a project that has an initial cost of $1,200,000. If you take the project, it will produce net cash flows of $300,000 per year for the next six years. If the appropriate discount rate for the project is 10 percent, what is the profitability index of the project?
3. What might cause a firm to face capital rationing?
4. The WACC for a firm is 19.75 percent. You know that the firm is financed with $75 million of equity and $25 million of debt. The cost of debt capital is 7 percent. What is the cost of equity for the firm?
5. Bellamee, Inc., has semiannual bonds outstanding with five years to maturity and are priced at $920.87. If the bonds have a coupon rate of 7 percent, then what is the YTM for the bonds?
6. Beckham Corporation has semiannual bonds outstanding with 13 years to maturity and are currently priced at $746.16. If the bonds have a coupon rate of 8.5 percent, then what is the after-tax cost of debt for Beckham if its marginal tax rate is 35%? Assume that your calculation is made as on Wall Street.
7. RadicalVenOil, Inc., has a cost of equity capital equal to 22.8 percent. If the risk-free rate of return is 10 percent and the expected return on the market is 18 percent, then what is the firm’s beta if the firm’s marginal tax rate is 35 percent?
8. Which type of project do financial managers typically use the highest cost of capital when evaluating?
Week 6 Quiz
1. Planning models that are more sophisticated than the percent of sales method have
2. Firms that achieve higher growth rates without seeking external financing
3. Triumph Company has total assets worth $6,413,228. Next year it expects a net income of $3,145,778 and will pay out 70 percent as dividends. If the firm wants to limit its external financing to $1 million, what is the growth rate it can support?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more