Required on Monday 11 May 2018 @ 09:00Hrs GMT
Ethical Considerations in Global Expansion
Having a strong commitment to your values and ethical stance is critical to business growth, especially as your company grows and you expand into other countries and cultures.
This Assignment where you research markets outside the United States and discuss how to use the principles of Conscious Capitalism to determine appropriate expansion strategies explores the professional skills of;
· Global awareness
· Awareness of ethical issues and responsibilities
· Make ethical decisions and solve problems
· Work effectively in teams
Assignment Goal and Thought Process
Goal: As a Conscious Capitalism based business, how can we use these principles to help us determine which governments (France Brazil, and China, the countries under consideration expansion) would be the best match to ensure successful expansion into this country
· Business decisions are based on a variety of data points including, sales, profit, cultural match. Your goal as a business leader is to make decisions that have the best chance of success so you will need to incorporate as much data as possible before making your decisions.
· The role of government and official policies have an important impact on the growth of their nation(s).
· In your simulation, you will be creating plans to expand to any or all of these 3 areas, Paris, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai and need to have a foundation for making these choices to augment the traditional sales and profit goals. The 4 principles of Conscious Capitalism can be an additional data source for decision making
· As governmental policies will play a large role in our success when expanding we need to know the following;
· Can a government operate as a business?
· How can we view governments through the lens of Conscious Capitalism to help us make our expansion recommendations? While the principles are usually applied to business, can we apply them to governments?
· What is the culture of each country under consideration for expansion and how many principle(s) of Conscious Capitalism do they follow?
· How does this information help us make expansion recommendations, if our goal is to expand to countries that have the strongest link to these principles?
Assignment Details and Rubric
In a 4-6 page APA formatted paper excluding text, diagrams, and other visual/oral aids as appropriate, address the following:
The principles of Conscious Capitalism are usually applied to a business, but to help us make these choices, we will be applying them to the governments of the countries under consideration for growth but first need to answer these questions;
· Can/should we view government as a business in order to eventually apply the principles of Conscious Capitalism?
· What information does the research show on this topic? Present an in-depth analysis of the pro’s and con’s of this approach. You will need to use at least 4 scholarly sources to support your thoughts in addition to the readings for this week.
· How would you use the principals of Conscious Capitalism to analyze the possible markets and their governments for expansion goals?
-Research the markets that you can expand into from your home base in Chicago; Paris, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai
· Create a profile for each of the expansion areas (Paris, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai). Include the following information.
· Economic data, i.e., population, Gross National Product (GDP)
· Cultural data; i.e., Hofstede Cultural Dimensions
· Which of the 4 principles of Conscious Capitalism are demonstrated by the government of the country?
Recommendations for expansion. Using the results of this analysis and knowing the cultural profile your company leadership has already creating, make detailed recommendations for expansion progression.
This should include;
· In-depth description of your company, its products, and other relevant information to support the recommendations.
· The logic that you are using to support your recommendations. This can include the projected sales and profit information, the links to Conscious Capitalism, any other factors which formed your recommendations.
Important that you reference your work using at least 4 credible sources.
1. Read the following chapter(s) from the texts listed below found attached:
2. Read the following articles at the listed links:
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more