1. What are the five (5) elements of libel?
2. a) There is a different standard of fault for libeling a public figure versus a private figure. What are these two standards and what is the difference between them? Why do you think these different standards exist?
b) Do you agree that Courtney Love’s statements made on Twitter about designer Dawn Simorangkir we’re libelous? Why or why not?
The People v. Larry Flynt is based on a true story; all the legal parts are (mostly) accurate. Answer the following questions based on your viewing of the movie:
3. In the movie, Larry Flynt is charged with pandering obscenity for publishing Hustler magazine. The trial court finds Larry Flynt guilty of this charge, but, on appeal, the appellate course reverses his conviction. Why do you think Flynt was found guilty in the trial court, only to have his conviction reversed on appeal?
4. In the movie, Larry Flynt’s character says, “If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you.” Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Do you think it’s worth protecting “scumbags” like Larry Flynt in order to ensure that the rest of us maintain our protection?
5. a. Larry Flynt was sued for libel for defaming a television evangelist, Rev. Jerry Falwell, and was found not guilty. Why?
b. At the same trial, Larry Flynt was found guilty of intentional infliction of emotional distress on Rev. Falwell, but, on appeal, SCOTUS reversed this decision. Why did SCOTUS reverse the lower court’s decision and why was this ruling important to freedom of speech?
Courtney Love Libel Lawsuits:
Movie: The People vs. Larry Flynt
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more