*ONLY 3-4 PARAGRAPHS*
Imagine you were asked to develop a drug abuse prevention program based on the 9 principles outlined under “Prevention Research”. Using these principles as a foundation or guide, describe your program. Additional resources are provided for additional guidance into essential components of a prevention program. Be creative. (Consider advances in technology such as Apps). Remember to consider families.
“Prevention Research”: Prevention programs are not “one size fits all”; instead, they need to address the factors that influence use and addiction at various developmental stages and must also be customized to the culture, community, and alcohol and other drugs of abuse. Prevention programs are the most effective interventions if they utilize the following principles (National Institute on Drug Abuse [NIDA], 2014).
1. Enhance protective factors and the reduce risk factors to reinforce resiliency (Hawkins, Catalano, & Arthur, 2002).
2. Strengthen protective factors such as improved parent and child communication and involvement (Hawkins, Kosterman, Catalano, Hill, & Abbot, 2008).
3. Focus on all substances used in the community and population with an emphasis on risk and resiliency factors (Hawkins et al., 2002).
4. Prescribe the format and content for the community demographics, and protective and risk factors (Chou et al., 1998).
5. Focus on developmentally appropriate prevention and interventions addressing specific risk factors (e.g., parental monitoring) (Kosterman, Hawkins, Haggerty, Spoth, & Redmond, 2001).
6. Diagnose and remediate factors associated with addictions such as aggression, depression, poor social skills, and impulsivity (Beets et al., 2009).
7. Target academic, social, and emotional learning environment, including peer support and communication, study skills and academic support, self-reliance, peer pressure resistance, and accurate antidrug information (Beets et al., 2009).
8. Target developmental transition points such as elementary to middle school and high school to college. All students at transition points are included and, therefore, there is no stigma involved with participation (Hawkins et al., 2008).
9. Combine several evidence-based preventative interventions to have a more powerful impact.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more