As discussed in the resources this week, the scope of juvenile delinquency may be less clear or nuanced based on pure statistical reporting. In order to create a more complete picture of juvenile delinquency—and to eventually lead to intervention practices—researchers also focus on causes that lead to reported and unreported delinquency.
Is a child violent to others for the thrill of it, or are there dire circumstances in the home that lead to lashing out? Is a youth shoplifting as an act of rebellion, to be able to eat, or to resell the items to support a drug habit? When considering theories of behavior, the cause of the hunger or the drug habit may be the ultimate line of inquiry.
In this Assignment, you analyze the characteristics of juvenile offenders and common theories, seeking to explain causes for juvenile delinquency.
· Read the Week 3 case study found in the Criminal Justice Case Studies: Juvenile Delinquency and Justice document.
· Aspects of the Assignment require you to apply your learning to this case study.
In 750 to 1,250 words, address the following:
· Explain why you would apply a theory to behavior as a way to explain juvenile crime.
· Explain the ways in which theories may or may not be more applicable when used to explain or address juveniles.
· Review the crime described in the Week 3 case study.
· Explain how a specific traditional behavioral theory used to explain juvenile crime can be applied to the crime in the case study. Explain why you chose that theory.
· Determine if and at what points a theory-based intervention could have changed events.
Laureate Education (Producer). (2018a). Changing attitudes and approaches in the field [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Krisberg, B. A. (2018). Juvenile justice and delinquency. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more