BUSI 409 MIDTERM EXAM
1. Financial penalties to punish individuals who engage in or permit improper transgressions are called
a. give or get policies.
b. intermediate sanctions.
c. excess benefit transactions.
d. means to an end.
2. According to Simon’s concept of life stages of an organization, what is the last stage?
a. Produce and sustain
b. Imagine and inspire
c. Ground and grow
d. Review and renew
3. Which assessment tool is meant to determine an organization’s success in accomplishing its mission, or program effectiveness?
a. Cost-benefit analysis
b. Financial ratio approach
c. Outcomes approach
d. Peer analysis
4. Strategic planning is not a substitute for
c. organizational meetings.
5. This concept was developed as a way for businesses to obtain a balanced perspective on performance by combining financial data with other considerations.
A. Financial ratios
b. Balanced scorecard
c. Common indicators
d. Cost-benefit analysis
6. Organizations that are classified as tax-exempt are not required to pay
a. sales tax.
b. property tax.
c. capital gains tax.
d. income tax.
e. all of the above
7. Today’s boards are being exhorted not only to raise money and promote the organization but also to
a. encourage more cooperation between the CEO and the board.
b. be more aggressive in monitoring performance.
c. motivate its members.
d. increase communication levels between the board and the rest of the organization.
8. The term that is defined as the ability to learn as an organization and identify ways to improve, to change in response to client needs, to create new and innovative programs, and to create an environment that is motivating to staff and volunteers is
a. program delivery capacity.
b. adaptive capacity.
c. program expansion capacity.
d. capacity building.
9. According to blended value theorists, value should be thought about as having three components: economic value, social value, and
a. spiritual value.
b. educational value.
c. artistic value.
d. environmental value.
10. According to Collins, this type of leadership exists when the leader has the power to simply make decisions.
a. Legislative leadership
b. Figurehead leadership
c. Executive leadership
d. Charismatic leadership
11. A study conducted by the Corporation for National and Community Service found that of individuals who vol¬unteered in 2005 did not continue their activity in 2006.
a. one fourth
b. one third
c. one half
d. two thirds
12. The importance of this aspect of external activity is growing as government support for many programs has been reduced.
a. Professional associations
b. Executive transitions
c. Employee orientation
13. A is a perspective or a way of seeing and understanding things.
b. task behavior
14. Effective nonprofit leaders are those who are not excessively focused on
a. empowering others.
b. internal management.
c. external relationships.
d. the organization’s mission.
15. This method relates to the actions necessary to implement the strategic plan.
a. Strategic management
b. Operational planning
c. Analytical planning
d. Long-range planning
16. Nonprofits may compete directly with other organizations, nonprofit or for-profit, but also face from all alternative uses for individuals’ time and money.
a. competition-oriented pricing
b. demographic variables
c. generic competition
Without building , organizations cannot grow successful programs to a larger scale, thus limiting their impact.
18. One significant risk of resource dependency is actions taken by the nonprofit to alter its goals and activities to satisfy the contributor of funds. This is also called
a. performance measurement.
b. goal displacement.
c. information asymmetry.
d. population ecology.
19. Elected boards are most common in
a. public organizations.
b. member-serving and advocacy organizations.
c. charitable nonprofits.
d. companies headed by a CEO.
20. enables the system to adapt to changing circumstances.
a. Internal dynamics
b. External forces
21. Collaborations and mergers between nonprofits whose missions, operational style, constituencies, or geographic proximities are similar are than those with a lesser level of relatedness.
a. less likely to succeed
b. more likely to succeed
c. shorter lived
d. longer lived
22. In a self-perpetuating board, new members are selected by
a. the membership of the organization.
b. the CEO.
c. the existing members of the board.
d. a selection committee.
23. Excess benefit transaction is
a. when a person’s compensation is deemed in excess of the value of his or her services.
b. the responsibility of a board to make sure an organization is complying with law.
c. how an organization keeps costs of benefits reasonable.
d. a model of board-CEO relationship.
24. Discuss the effects of watchdog organizations that proactively examine nonprofit organizations. Are these effects mostly positive or negative? Why?
25. List and describe two (2) of the most common issues in a merger and discuss how a nonprofit might minimize those issues in a merger situation.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more