Throughout the MSW curriculum, you have learned how to conduct biopsychosocial assessments. In this Week’s Assignment, you apply what you learned to a medical context where you share assessment and intervention with an interdisciplinary team. As the medical social worker charged with a client’s care, you consider the nature and progression of their illness and integrate the macro and micro issues that influence their experience. You also monitor the nature and progression of their illness or disability to ensure they have the supports and resources needed. By examining medical social work roles, responsibilities, scope of practice and practice skills, and ethics, you understand how the medical social work profession contributes to the health care system and patient care.
To Prepare: Choose one of the following biopsychosocial assessment tools to analyze for this assignment (Pick one of the three tools attached). Select the tool you might be most likely to use in your preferred healthcare work setting. (FYI: the case study is just any example of a case, but the assessment tool is being measured in the assignment).
Home Care Example: http://www.matrixhomecare.com/Forms/Medical%20Social%20Work%20Assessment.pdf
Nursing Home Example: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/NursingHomeQualityInits/Downloads/Archive-Draft-of-the-MDS-30-Nursing-Home-Comprehensive-NC-Version-1140.pdf
In a 3-4 page paper:
· Assess the overall tool you selected to analyze for this assignment. In your assessment, explain whether you believe there are questions that were not addressed and why you think that may be important.
· Explain whether or not the assessment is strengths-based.
· Identify other professionals in healthcare who may have input into the assessment.
· Identify any sections of the assessment tool that are best completed by other healthcare professionals and explain why.
· Consider the implications of various professionals disagreeing over the assessment content and discuss how would you mitigate those challenges.
· Explain how psychosocial issues (including policy and legal issues) might impact the patient’s medical care and/or health outcomes and the role of the social worker in assessing and addressing those issues on an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
Support your Assignment with specific references to resources, using appropriate APA format and style. You are asked to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the resources for this course.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more