1. Select a famous speech to analyze. Please avoid some famous, but “overdone” speeches such as MLK’s “I Have a Dream”. Your choices are a compilation of several collections from American Rhetoric Movie Speeches (see below). American Rhetoric is an excellent resource for this assignment and hosts video clips and written transcripts of many popular movies.
2) Analyze your chosen speech as an argument and write an essay for it about the writer’s effectiveness considering the context in which, and audience to which they were delivered. Essay should identify and explain the rhetorical strategies the author deliberately chose while crafting the text. What makes the speech so remarkable? How did the author’s rhetoric evoke a response from the audience? Why are the words still recognized today?
3) Carefully consider the author’s deliberate manipulation of language. The thesis must be arguable and take language into account; it may not merely tout the general importance of the speech or the valiance of the speaker.
4) Stay focused on the speech as an argumentative text. There isn’t ample space in this essay to carefully detail every aspect of the historical context in which this speech falls. It’s critical to know about the events that led up to the speech, so it is probably necessary to include pertinent details. However, it is not useful to delineate, for example the specific events of the entire evolutionary War that preceded George Washington’s Inaugural Speech.
5) You will use at least two rhetorical devices in your body paragraphs to analyze your speech: ethos,pathos, and logos. To develop and support your points, you will need to use specific evidence, in the form of examples and short quotes from your speech.
Think of the rhetorical analysis as shining a spotlight on an important, hidden meaning in your movie speech and how it says something interesting about our culture today. Remember that the goal of this paper is argument and analysis.
Any speech we cover in class is off limits for the papers.
The paper should be a minimum of two pages and follow all MLA standards (i.e. double-space, Times New Roman, 12″ font, etc). Submit the paper to the TurnItin.com dropbox
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more