Begin Final Exam
The Final Exam consists of eight (8) Essay questions. Use the reading assignments thoroughly in an integrative discussion of your own understanding of the questions posed. Remember to reference all work cited or quoted by the text author. You should be doing this often in your responses. If you use outside resources, they should support the text information, but not replace the text.
All discussions must take into account the legal and ethical considerations, as well as issues of culture and human diversity that may pertain to the questions below. Legal and Ethical information is in Chapter 16 of the course text. Cultural information is covered throughout the course text and DSM 5. You may use alternative cultural resources to enhance your work.
Your response to each question should be approx. 1 page per question.
Your total assignment should be 8-9 pages plus a title and reference page.
Due Week 8
1. What is meant by the notion that mental illness is a social construction? How does cross-cultural research suggest that psychopathology is universal rather than a social construction?
2. It is widely recognized that people with autism spectrum disorder display deficits in communication and social behavior. It is perhaps less often noted that in some areas, their abilities may surpass those of people without autism spectrum disorder. What is your understanding if this theory? How do the enhanced abilities of those with autism spectrum disorder lend credence to an evolutionary approach to psychopathology?
3. Phrases such as “broken hearts” and “hurt feelings” liken emotional pain to physical pain. To what extent is the metaphor implied in these phrases supported neuroscientifically?
4. The role of trauma and the experience of unusual states of awareness or identity in the dissociative disorders have led psychologists to explore the relationship between dissociation and post-traumatic stress, on the one hand, and hypnosis, on the other. Briefly summarize the results of this research.
5. Discuss some of the reasons why the treatment of substance-related and addictive disorders is especially challenging. Addiction to methamphetamine is particularly difficult to treat. Review some of the cognitive deficits seen in methamphetamine addiction and explain how these deficits complicate efforts to treat the addiction.
6. Outline the neurodevelopmental hypothesis of the etiology of schizophrenia. In what way does schizophrenia represent a paradox from an evolutionary standpoint?
7. Discuss the evidence for genetic and environmental contributions to personality disorders. Identify the specific experiences that seem to underlie personality disorders. Which personality disorder seems the most genetic?
8. Highlight the beneficial effects of physical exercise not only on preventing cognitive impairment among older adults without neurocognitive disorders but also on reversing decline among those with mild neurocognitive impairment.
Analyze the physical, cognitive, social and personality aspects of abnormal psychology and implications across the life span
Examine the major diagnostic domains and specific criteria associated with DSM-5 disorders.
Evaluate legal and ethical issues in mental health treatment
Develop an awareness of diversity and cross-cultural perspectives in abnormal psychology.
Explore available treatment and interdisciplinary services for community members experiencing mental health disorders.
Identify the barriers associated with seeking and receiving therapeutic services.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more