Discussion: Task Groups
Group work is a commonly used method within school settings. Because peer interaction is important in the emotional and social development of children, the task group can serve as a wonderful therapeutic setting and tool; however, many factors should be considered when implementing this type of intervention.
For this Discussion, read the Van Velsor (2009) article.
Provide a 400-word discussion Post
– your understanding of task groups as an intervention for children.
– Use the model for effective problem solving to compare and contrast (how to identify the problem, develop goals, collect data).
– How does this model differ from a traditional treatment group?
– What are the advantages and possible disadvantages of this model?
– Describe how you might use this model for adults.
– What populations would most benefit from this model?
Paper must contain at least 3 references from the Required Reading contained below being sure to reference Toseland, Van Velsor, and Holosko and Dulmus.
Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). An introduction to group work practice (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
· Chapter 11, “Task Groups: Foundation Methods” (pp. 336-363)
· Chapter 12, “Task Groups: Specialized Methods” (pp. 364–395)
Holosko, M. J., Dulmus, C. N., & Sowers, K. M. (2013). Social work practice with individuals and families: Evidence-informed assessments and interventions. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
· Chapter 1 “Assessment of Children”
· Chapter 2 “Intervention with Children”
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more