1. Halen Company’s unadjusted trial balance at December 31, 2010, Included the following accounts. Debit Credit Allowance for doubtful accounts $4,000 Net Sales $1,200,000 Halen Company estimates Its bad debt expense to be 1 and 1/2% of net sales. Determine its bad debt expense for 2010.
2. An analysis and aging of Stuart Corp. accounts receivable at December 31. 2010. disclosed the following. Amounts estimated to be uncollectible $ 180,000 Accounts receivable 1,750,000 Allowance for doubtful accounts (per books) 125,000 What is the net realizable value of Stuart’s receivables at December 31, 2010?
3. Shore Co. provides for doubtful accounts based on 3% of credit sales. The following data are available for 2010. Credit sales during 2010 $2,400,000 Allowance for doubtful accounts 1/1/10 17,000 Collection of accounts written off in prior years (customer credit was reestablished) 8,000 Customer accounts written off as uncollectible during 2010 30,000 What is the balance in the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts at December 31, 2010?
4. At the end of its first year of operations, December 31, 2010, Darden Inc. reported the following information. Accounts receivable, net of allowance for doubtful accounts $950,000 Customer accounts written off as uncollectible during 2010 24,000 Bad debt expense for 2010 84,000 What should be the balance in accounts receivable at December 31, 2010, before subtracting the allowance for doubtful accounts?
5. The following accounts were taken from Bullock Inc.’s trial balance at December 31, 2010. Debit Credit Net credit sales $750,000 Allowance for doubtful accounts $14,000 Accounts receivable 310,000 If doubtful accounts are 3% of accounts receivable, determine the bad debt expense to be reported for 2010.
Instructions Answer the questions relating to each of the five independent situations are requested.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more