1. A survey of employees at a company finds that 32 of the 88 employees who drive to work were ever late during the past year, and 18 of the 64 employees who took public transportation were ever late during the past year. At α = 0.10, is there a difference between the proportion of employees who drove who were ever late and the proportion of employees who took public transportation who were ever late?
Find the test value for the difference in the proportion of employees who were ever late for work in the past year.
Answer: [removed]Round your answer to two decimal places.
What is your decision for this test?
1. The test value is greater than the critical value of 1.960.
2. The test value is less than the critical value of 1.645.
3. The test value is greater than the critical value of 1.282.
4. The test value is less than the critical value of 1.960.
2. A company has observed that there is a linear relationship between indirect labor expense (ILE) , in dollars, and direct labor hours (DLH). Data for direct labor hours and indirect labor expense for 18 months are given in the file ILE_and_DLH.xlsx
Treating ILE as the response variable, use regression to fit a straight line to all 18 data points. What values for the intercept (a) and slope (b) do you obtain?
Place your answers, rounded to 3 decimal places, in the blanks provided. Do not use any stray punctuation marks. For example, 34.567 would be a legitimate entry.
intercept (a) = [removed]
slope(b) = [removed]
3. An investor wants to compare the risks associated with two different stocks. One way to measure the risk of a given stock is to measure the variation in the stock’s daily price changes.
In an effort to test the claim that the variance in the daily stock price changes for stock 1 is different from the variance in the daily stock price changes for stock 2, the investor obtains a random sample of 21 daily price changes for stock 1 and 21 daily price changes for stock 2.
The summary statistics associated with these samples are: n1 = 21, s1 = .848, n2 = 21, s2 = .529.
If you follow Bluman’s advice and place the larger variance in the numerator when computing the test value, at the .05 level of significance, what is the critical value associated with this test of hypothesis? Place your answer, rounded to 2 decimal places, in the blank. For example, 3.45 would be a legitimate entry. [removed]
4. When the necessary conditions are met, a two-tail test is being conducted to test the difference between two population proportions. The two sample proportions are = 0.35 and = 0.42, and the standard error of the sampling distribution of is 0.054. The calculated value of the test statistic is 1.2963.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more